Join the Best – Careers @ NY SKYRIDE
At NY SKYRIDE we know that the key to our success and the satisfaction of our customers is our people. We are very proud of everyone that works here. We believe they represent the best in product knowledge, customer service, imagination, drive and good old smarts. Equally important, we are genuinely good people to deal with.
If you’d like to join our team, you can reach us at:
Empire State Building
350 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10118, USA
T: 212-279-9777 x200, 888-SKYRIDE x200
You may also pick up an application by visiting the NY SKYRIDE concession stand on the 2nd Floor of the Empire State Building. The best entrance to New York Skyride is on 33rd Street.
Outdoor Ticket Agent
We currently are seeking candidates for our OUTSIDE TICKET AGENT position with NY SKYRIDE at the Empire State Building.
ENERGETIC, DRIVEN, ENTHUSIASTIC, PERSONABLE, PASSIONATE!
If these characteristics describe you, please keep on reading.
- Initiating contact with potential NYSKYRIDE guests
- Engaging potential guests in conversation about NYSKYRIDE
- Finalizing sales of NYSKYRIDE tickets
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous sales experience in a goal or quota driven environment
- Excellent communication skills
- An outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills paired with impeccable time management abilities
- No aversion to the elements (this is an outdoor position!)
- The ability to be a team player and work independently
- A high school diploma and previous sales/cashier experience
- Knowledge of tourism industry/NYC is a plus
- Multi-lingual individuals are welcome!
Paid Training! $8/hr
After Training, Starting Salary is $10 – $12 per hour and can range up to $30/hr depending on your sales!
- Oversee the sales team to make sure that all duties are being fulfilled and that customer satisfaction is maintained at the local level
- Assist with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed
- Executes facility operations during scheduled shifts
- Follows all cash handling and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by cashiers
- Meet monthly sales goals
- Maintain sales history data for each employee
- Maintenance and distribution of DataTrax sales tools
- Personnel placement and scheduling breaks
- Provides feedback to shift manager on employee performance during shift
- Communicate with shift supervisors and the Operations manager
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for Position:
- Associate’s Degree or experience equivalent is necessary
- 1 – 2 years of experience in commission based or quota driven sales environment
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to learn quickly
Desired Skill Set:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of tourism industry/NYC
- Multi-lingual individuals welcome!