Travel Industry Arrival Instructions
The NY SKYRIDE is located on the second floor of the world renowned landmark Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue at 34th Street and Fifth Avenue. Entrance to the NY SKYRIDE is on 33rd Street.
NY SKYRIDE Tourist Attraction
The check-in instructions for SKYRIDE only and COMBO SKYRIDE/EMPIRE STATE BUILDING OBSERVATORY are for tickets purchased through the NY SKYRIDE Box Office, the NY SKYRIDE Web Site, NY SKYRIDE Reservations Department, or a worldwide authorized ticket agent;
- Individuals or Families purchasing retail tickets at the Box Office
- Individual or Groups with pre-paid vouchers
- Groups with Advanced Reservations picking up tickets at Box Office
- Individuals with SKYRIDE and SKYRIDE/OBSERVATORY COMBO purchased internet tickets
- Groups with Advanced Reservations holding tickets
Please enter the Empire State Building on the 33rd Street side by the Post Office, not the main entrance on Fifth Avenue. Once in the Empire State Building, make a left and proceed up the escalator to the second floor. Turn immediately left through building security managed by the NY SKYRIDE. Anyone entering the Empire State Building MUST go through a security check whether or not the guest is participating at the NY SKYRIDE or the Observatory.
Once through security proceed as follows;
To Box Office:
- Individuals or Families purchasing retail SKYRIDE or SKYRIDE/ OBSERVATORY COMBO tickets
- Individual or Groups with pre-paid SKYRIDE or SKYRIDE/OBSERVATORY COMBO vouchers supplied from a travel professional or a authorized internet travel site
- Groups with SKYRIDE or SKYRIDE/OBSERVATORY COMBO Advanced Reservations picking up or purchasing tickets
- Individuals with SKYRIDE/OBSERVATORY COMBO tickets purchased on the www.skyride.com web site
To Entrance Turnstile (bypass Box Office):
- Groups with SKYRIDE Advanced Reservations and holding tickets
- Individuals with SKYRIDE only purchased tickets purchased on the www.skyride.com web site
NOTE: When you have cleared security at the NY SKYRIDE, you are cleared for the Observatory as well – there is no need to repeat any security clearance anywhere else. However, you will have to go through security again if you leave the NY SKYRIDE or Observatory secured areas.